EDGE ZOO SLEEPOVER Information
Sleepover is Friday, November 16, 2018
Registration is Full, contact Pastor Gary for standby list.
- Drop-off is from 4:30PM to 5:00PM on Friday, November 16th, 2018.
- PLEASE NOTE WE MUST LEAVE PROMPTLY AT 5PM
- Dinner will be McDonald's happy meals, purchased and taken into the zoo for dinner. If parents wish to attend, prior notification is appreciated. Snacks will also be provided through out the evening and one after breakfast the next day.
- Sleepover will be supervised by EDGE adults and Zoo Staff, all children and adults will be sleeping in the aquatic and reptile displays located in the Croft Center. (restrooms are available for all to change into sleeping attire.)
- Those attending should pack, along with sleeping gear (sleeping bags/pillow), tooth paste, tooth brush, and a change of clothes.
- Pick-up is on Saturday at noon, Saturday's lunch will NOT be provided.
- The cost will be $50.00 per child.
- Registration/payment for children to attend EDGE SLEEPOVER is due in full, Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
- Parents are welcome to attend and chaperone, thus pricing will be $35 per.
Sleepover is for all children of EDGE. Parents are welcome to attend sleepover, (pricing for adults is not the same as children). Cost is $50 per child. Cost includes dinner, special after-hours Zoo admission for that evening, and admission the following day. We will have our own classroom space in the Croft Center, our own Night Owl staff, educational program tailored to our group including activities, games, and crafts, a night walk, evening snack, sleeping accommodations in the Unseen New World, Nashville Zoo patch, breakfast, up-close animal encounters in the morning, and a guided morning walk.
Where will they sleep? Night Owl groups have the exciting opportunity to sleep in the Unseen New World (UNW), inches away from exhibits housing reptiles, amphibians and fish from around the world. A classroom is also available for sleeping. The UNW is located directly downstairs from the classrooms (all spaces are located within the Croft Center).
What animals will be seen at night?
Due to the safety and welfare of our animals, they will not be on exhibit during the night. However, we will do a night walk through the zoo. During the night walk, children will learn about Nashville Zoo’s unique history and tour the Grassmere Historic Farm while they explore their senses at night. After breakfast the next morning, they will get a special opportunity to meet two animal ambassadors. The Nashville Zoo will be unable to share what animals children will meet ahead of time, as it is dependent on both the staff and animals available.
What if there is inclement weather?
Our programs are held rain, snow, or shine. Please come prepared for the weather. In the event of lightning, the outside portion of the program may be re-arranged or indoor activities substituted. If the weather causes the Zoo to close, you will be notified immediately and all programs will be cancelled and rescheduled or refunded at 100%.
What if I have a Nashville Zoo membership?
While the Nashville Zoo greatly appreciates it's members, this program is an additional fee and is not included with membership. Our costs are kept as low as possible for all participants coming with a group.
Any questions may be emailed to Pastor Gary Smith @ email@example.com or for immediate assistance use the chat feature located on the bottom right of the screen.
When applicable, use payment method below for events.